Hope At The Inn
c/o The Salvation Army
& Hope for the Day
3001 Fifth Avenue, South
PO Box 424
Escanaba, MI 49829
Phone: (906) 786-0590
(9 am - 5 pm M-F)
Shelter: (906) 241-6193
(6 pm - 8 am)
November - April
1900 3rd Ave. No - Esc
After Hours & Weekends
... Delta County's (Michigan) faith-based, rotating, emergency homeless shelter.
We LOVE Matthew West's "Do Something!" Click photo for the video!
2019-20 Shelter Season
A taxi picks up homeless people every evening at 5:45 from the Burger King in Escanaba and brings them to the church listed below. In case the Burger King is closed due to holiday or weather, pick up will be at WalMart.
Mar. 15 - 22 Central United Methodist Church
Mar. 22 - 29 Church of Christ
Apr. 5 - 12 United Evangelical Covenant Church
Individuals experiencing homelessness or needing assistance with housing can contact:
- Community Action, Alger/Marquette, the central
U.P. Housing Assistance & Resource Agency,
at 1-800-562-9762, Ext. 207.
- Call UP 2-1-1: (Dial "211")
- Public Safety: 786-5911
- St. Vincent de Paul: 786-2808
- Hope for the Day program at The Salvation Army can be reached for appointments 786-0590
- The Salvation Army’s Friendship Kitchen serves lunch 12:00 - 1:00 each day except Wednesday and Sunday. Wednesday's lunch is at St. Vincent de Paul.