Hope At The Inn
c/o The Salvation Army
& Hope for the Day
3001 Fifth Avenue, South
PO Box 424
Escanaba, MI 49829
Phone: (906) 786-0590
(9 am - 5 pm M-F)
Shelter: (906) 241-6193
(6 pm - 8 am)
November - April
1900 3rd Ave. No - Esc
After Hours & Weekends
... Delta County's (Michigan) faith-based, rotating, emergency homeless shelter.
We LOVE Matthew West's "Do Something!" Click photo for the video!
2019-20 Shelter Season
On weekdays (MTWRF) the DATA bus picks up homeless people at 4:30pm from The Salvation Army 3001 Fifth Ave. S., Escanaba and brings them to the church listed below.
There is no pickup on Saturday or Sunday. The shelter will be off-site. Please contact Public Safety 786-5911 to get into the shelter on the weekend.
Individuals experiencing homelessness or needing assistance with housing can contact:
- Community Action, Alger/Marquette, the central
U.P. Housing Assistance & Resource Agency,
at 1-800-562-9762, Ext. 207.
- Call UP 2-1-1: (Dial "211")
- Public Safety: 786-5911
- St. Vincent de Paul: 786-2808
- Hope for the Day program at The Salvation Army can be reached for appointments 786-0590
- The Salvation Army’s Friendship Kitchen serves lunch 12:00 - 1:00 each day except Wednesday and Sunday. Wednesday's lunch is at St. Vincent de Paul.