Hope at the Inn is a faith-based, rotating, emergency homeless shelter.
The shelter's mission is to provide support for those who are homeless in Delta County, Michigan, through the cooperative efforts of an interfaith coalition and various social service agencies, by offering a safe emergency shelter and an opportunity for these individuals to choose a path of successful transition to independence.
Business Hours: The Salvation Army / (906) 786-0590
3001 5th Avenue, So., Escanaba
After-Hours: Public Safety / (906) 786-5911
1900 3rd Avenue, No., Escanaba
Thank You’s 2016/17
Hope at the Inn (HATI) would like to thank our community for generously supporting the homeless shelter for:
- Shift Volunteers who provided thousands of hours and hundreds of meals;
- Host and Support Church Coordinators for filling shift schedules, hauling supplies, and setting up for their shelter week;
- Host Church leadership and parishioners for allowing the shelter to utilize their facilities;
- The Salvation Army’s Hope for the Day for providing Guest support and assistance;
- Grant-funding organizations, local group fundraising events, Thrivent Financial, and other private donations too numerous to list;
- DATA Bus and J N Taxi for fitting the shelter schedule into daily transportation runs;
- All Public Safety & Emergency Service agencies for referring Guests to the shelter and assisting with background checks;
- Local social service agencies, businesses, Escanaba Public Library, The Delta Plaza Mall, St. Vincent de Paul, and The Daily Press for posting shelter schedules, and providing referrals and other needed assistance for shelter Guests.
- The Donut Connection for all the sweets.
HATI had a very busy and successful shelter season, but could not have done it without the collective efforts of so many individuals. Thanks and blessings to you all!
Will resume in October 2017
We LOVE Matthew West's song, "Do Something!" Click the photo to watch his video!